Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday Limerick: Chateau du Donjon Rose

Ok, so I polled my Facebook users (please join my Wine For Normal People Page so you can get regular updates!) and it seemed to go over pretty well, so here's the newest idea. I'll still do my weekly post on wine in-depth, but I'm going to add a Friday wine limerick or haiku.

I'll get the ball rolling and then I would love for you to participate! Send me your entry, I'll review it (nothing dirty please) and if I love it, I'll post it on the blog with credit to you!
Here's my first one:


Ode to Chateau du Donjon Rosé
To refreshing Rosé we say "Ahhhhhh...."
Especially when from Minervois
Light red, tastes like staw- and raspberry

Crisp acid was fab, not contrary

Donjon we toast your terroir!



The Wine: Chateau du Donjon
Vintage:
2008 (it's a little old, don't buy Rosé that's more than a year old, I messed up)
Where's it From:
Minervois (pronounced: min-hare-vwah), in Southern France
The Grapes:
40% Syrah, 40% Cinsault, 20% Grenache
Important note: * This wine is dry, not sweet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment